SlowReader

SlowReader's Kingdom

"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”

Jane Smiley

The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Mel has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

“Pretty Bookish Secrets Tag” – Weekend Tag

It’s weekend again! Whohoooo! Unfortunately, the weather disappoints again. But at least that way I spend more time reading. Today’s tag was created by Suna J.

1. Name three books you haven't read that you're ashamed of.

I don’t think there is a book I am ashamed of for not having read it. I don’t think anyone should ever be ashamed for their decision of what book they want to read. But considering my profession I guess a book I should have read by now is “House of God” by Samuel Shem. Other than that I just have a bunch of books I WANT to read and haven’t yet.

2. Have you lied about having things to do to keep reading instead of going out?

Maybe. I can’t remember of a specific time that I did that. But I am sure at one point or another I wasn’t in the mood for going out and lied about having things to do and then just stayed at home and read. But it has become a lot less often. The few moments I have time to go out with my friends now are precious to me.

3. Do you have any fictional crushes?

Certainly. Most of the time not for long but I’m reading the “Throne of Glass” series right now and I certainly have a crush on Dorien and Chaol for different reasons.

4. Have you been jealous of a fictional character?

Most of the time when a character has a magical ability I am jealous because I always wanted to be able to do magic.

5. What do you do when you see someone reading a book you really like?

Nothing? At least not when it is a stranger. (That’s the German in me.) If it is a friend I usually ask how they like it and how far along he/she is.

6. How many unread books do you have on your shelves?

Not too many. I usually don’t buy books if I haven’t finished the books I own. I would say 4? And maybe 2 or 3 books I have gotten as a gift but have no intention of reading. So I don’t really count them.

7. Have you bought books by their covers?

Yes and no. Do I pick up books with a beautiful cover in a bookstore because of their cover? Yes. Do I buy that book because of that cover even though I don’t like the synopsis? No. I do not do cover-buys.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! See you next week!