SlowReader

SlowReader's Kingdom

"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”

Jane Smiley

The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Mel has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

„Top 5 Series You Won’t Finish“ - Top 5 Wednesday

Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead Jenny Pox - J.L. Bryan The Amulet of Samarkand - Jonathan Stroud Delirium - Lauren Oliver The Black Stallion Returns - Walter Farley

Top 5 Wednesday was created by gingerreadslainey. Check out her youtube channel! Basically, every Wednesday there is a chosen topic to which you list your top 5. If you want to join, have a look at the goodreads page!

Today we are talking about book series that I won’t finish – at the moment. I am person that goes with the saying ‘Never say never’. That’s why I wouldn’t just say that I would never pick up a book of a certain series again. But series I’ll list today are series that I won’t finish anytime soon. They are in no particular order.

1.   Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

I read the first three books a few months ago. I liked them alright. They weren’t mind-blowing. And while I enjoyed them and I am kind of curious how they continue, I have a lot of books that I want to read MORE at the moment. That’s why “The Vampire Academy” is on hold.

2. The Paranormal Series by JL Bryan

I found the first book by accident. “Jenny Pox” was an ebook that was for free and that I liked surprisingly a lot. So I went and bought “Tommy Nightmare” but I couldn’t get into the story. I am halfway through and I just don’t care. The excitement and novelty was gone. Maybe I’ll pick it up again at some point but I don’t see that happen anytime soon.

3. Bartimaeus by Jonathan Stroud

This is a great middle grade book that I found out about too late. I read the first book and really liked it but I am sure I would have liked it even more, if I had read it in middle grade. Bartimaeus is a hilarious character and his humor is very much to my liking. Unfortunately the story didn’t keep me interested enough to pick up the second book. This series I won’t finish for sure.

4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver

“Delirium” is a nice YA dystopian book that I liked a lot. I wanted to pick up the second book but never got to it. Now years later I still haven’t picked up the second book. Now my interest has ventured to other series. I never gave up on “Delirium” and I always planned on finishing the series but with all the books on my TBR pile I don’t see that happen.

5. The Black Stallion by Walter Farley

“The Black Stallion” is one of my favorite books and one of the few books I read more than one time. I own the first 4 books (and the 6th) of the series and I read several more. Still, I will never finish the series. My favorite part about the first books is the relationship between Alec and his horse Black. Unfortunately in the later books the focus moves from that relationship to horse races and other horses. Like any other girl I loved horses but it wasn’t enough to keep my interested. I wanted more Alec/Black relationship.

What series won’t you finish? Should I maybe continue a series?