SlowReader

SlowReader's Kingdom

"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”

Jane Smiley

The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Mel has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

“Top 5 Books under the dust jacket” – Top 5 Wednesday

Top 5 Wednesday was created by gingerreadslainey. Check out her youtube channel! Basically, every Wednesday there is a chosen topic to which you list your top 5. If you want to join, have a look at the goodreads page!

It is time for another Top 5 Wednesday and today’s topic is “Top 5 Book Spines”. Well, honestly, most book spines are not too impressive. Heck, most books are not too impressive without their dust jacket. But since I would have never found five book spines that were anything but ordinary I decided to change the topic a little bit and pick my top 5 books under the dust jacket.

5. Rubyred by Kerstin Gier (*Germany Edition*)

I am cheating a little bit with this one because technically the German hardcover does not have a dust jacket. So it is just the book. But it is a hardcover so I decided it counts.

4. The Winner’ s Curse by Marie Rutkoski

I love the little crest that is imprinted on the front of the actual book.

3. Pawn by Aimee Carter

One reason I went with the hardcover for this book is the eye and face under the dust jacket.

2. Illuminati by Dan Brown (*German Edition*)

Just the fact that there is an Illuminati under the dust jacket. How cool is that?

1. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (*German Edition*)

I love, love, love the German editions of this series. The drawing on the actual book is just stunning. This is the only reason I am considering buying the German editions of the second and third book, as well, even though I already have them in English.

What is your favorite? Did I miss a beautiful spine?