SlowReader

SlowReader's Kingdom

"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”

Jane Smiley

The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Mel has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

Favorites - January 2016

The first month of 2016 has passed by and you wonder what has happened in those 31 days? Well, I am currently highly motivated to organize my life. Thank you, youtube! No seriously, I watched some very interesting videos on youtube and now I am motivated to not only organize and structure my daily life a little bit more but also to set some life goals.

Other than that I have had a good reading month. I had a one-week-vacation and I used it to be lazy as f***. This means I read 4 books this month and listened to 2 audiobooks. I am very happy with myself.

This month’s favorites:

Books

Winter by Marissa Meyer

This was an easy choice. I love this series. It has become one of my all times favorites. And Winter, even though it is 800 pages long, was amazing.

Music

I Found by Amber Run

Okay, so I know that this is not a new song but I just discovered it. It seems to be on every single playlist on 8tracks. Don’t get me wrong. I totally get it. This song is fantastic but why have I never heard it before?

TV Show

Der Lehrer

This is a German TV Show that I discovered last year. This month the new season started and I just love the humor of this show. It’s pretty much a TV show about an unconventional teacher and even though it is hilarious it always has an important message in each episode, as well.

Movie

Pearl Harbor

I thought long and hard about this one. I watched “The 5th Wave” this month and while I liked the movie, it wasn’t outstanding. I watched Pearl Harbor for the millionth time on TV this month. I love this movie. I still cry every time I watch it. The story is great, the music amazing, and I had a huge crush on Danny when I was a teenager.

(Fun fact: when I watched the movie in the movie theater back when it came out, I already knew how the story ended since I had let myself be spoiled because I thought I would never watch it anyway. How wrong I had been…)

Have you seen "The 5th Wave"? Did you like it? How was your start in 2016? Let me know!