SlowReader

SlowReader's Kingdom

"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”

Jane Smiley

The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Mel has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

Readathons and Book Clubs

So, usually I don't participate in readathons or book clubs because I just don't have the time.

This year, though, I decided to do a readathon and want to participate in a book club. Ambitious, I know. :D

The readathon, I want to do, is the #ayearathon. I changed the rules a little bit - I know, first I say I want to participate and then I already start changing the rules - because I don't always have time when the reading week takes place each month. So instead I plan to read a book fitting the theme sometime during the month. I don't give myself a weekly limit.

For January the theme is "Benchwarmer - a book that has been sitting on your shelf for a while". For that I chose:

I'm confident I will finish it until the end of the month, though I am not as excited about it as I am usually are with Phillips' books.

The book club I joined is the German BookCircle. I will start next month since I didn't join until a few days ago. I'm curious how this will go. I hope that this will get me out of my comfort zone.

Are you doing any readathons this year? Or are you a member of a book club?