"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”
At the beginning of 2015 I listed my 5 most anticipated books and 5 series I wanted to start this year. Now that 2015 is almost over, I thought I did a little check up on how I did:
5 Most Anticipated Books
5. “A Court of Thorns and Roses” by Sarah J. Maas
Nope, did not read it and actually do not plan on reading it anymore. The reviews did not convince me.
4. “The Winner’s Crime” by Marie Rutkoski
Check. Read it and loved it. Can't wait for the last book of the series.
3. “Winter” by Marissa Meyer
Kinda. It's the next book I'll be reading as soon as I finished "My true love gave to me". It's already sitting on my couch table.
2. “Queen” by Aimee Carter
Check. One of my favorites this year.
1. “The Doors of Stone” by Patrick Rothfuss
Well, since it hasn't been released, yet, I don't think it counts.
5 Series I Want to Start This Year
5. Red Rising by Pierce Brown
Nope. Still planning to read it, though. 2016 is the year. :D
4. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
Nope. How is 2015 already over?
3. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Check. And the second book is next.
2. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Check. Again the second book is already sitting on my shelf.
1. Blood of Eden by Julie Kagawa
Nope. But I still want to start it.
As you see, I did alright on my most anticipated books but started only 2 of the 5 series that I want to start. So for 2016 I set some goals:
1. Read 50 books
2. Finish/Catch up on all the series that I started and want to continue BEFORE starting new series/books.
3. Start those 3 series still waiting to be read.
So in January and February I will propably read my 7 books in my TBR pile. After that in March and April I will catch up on my ongoing series. And then, hopefully, I will start the new book series that I planned. Of course, if I am really in the mood for a totally different book I will not hold myself back. Reading is for pleasure after all.