SlowReader

SlowReader's Kingdom

"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”

Jane Smiley

The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Mel has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

Favorites - October

Only 53 days until Christmas! Yes, I'm already in the mood for Christmas and considering how fast time flies by, it will only seconds until the first advent.

This month was really exciting for me. My second niece was born. She is healthy and happy and such a cute girl.

October was a great reading month for me. I read 5 books and listened to 4 audiobooks. This mainly happened because the books were short and I had suprisingly little to do during my 24 hours shifts.

This month's favorites:

Books

Uprooted by Naomi Novik

Wonderful book. And it proves that it doesn't need a three-book-series to write a great fantasy story.

Music

Follow The Sun by Xavier Rudd

Feelgood music. It's part of the new LesMills Bodybalance choreo and I fell in love with it the first time I heard it.

TV Show

I haven't watched any new TV shows this month so I decided to mention an old-time favorite: The Cosby Show. I'm sad about everything that is going on with the actual actor but the show was great. I still love it.

Movie

The Scorch Trials

I really liked the movie. I haven't read the books so I can't say anything about that. But just from the viewer's point of view it was very entertaining.