SlowReader

SlowReader's Kingdom

"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”

Jane Smiley

The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Mel has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

Get To Know Me

Okay, so I am WAY late for this party but I still wanted to join in. So here are my answers to:

Get To Know ME

1. Are you named after anyone?

No. I have a name that is very COMMON in the USA but very UNCOMMON here in Germany. Especially when I was born most people had never heard of this name. I was constantly called something else. It has changed by now and there are many younger girls running around with the same name that I have. I have no idea how my parents heard of my name (and they do not know either) but it was probably in a movie.

2. When was the last time you cried?

I don't know. I cry a lot when I watch TV or movies. So not too long ago. The hardest I ever cried because of a movie was "Hachi - A Dog's Tale". I cried rivers. That is why I can't even get close to that movie anymore.

3. Do you have kids?

Nope. But I hope I will in the future.

4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?

I want to say yes because I like my friendly personality but I worry that I might be annoyed by my own character traits.

5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?

I do to point out somebody's illogical behavior.

6. Will you ever bungee-jump?

I don't think so.

7. What’s your favorite cereal?

That changes a lot but I really like Kellog's Tresor at the moment. It's more candy than cereal. :D

8. What’s the first thing you notice about people?

I honestly have no clue. I tend to NOT notice people at all so I don't know what I do notice about them. I think it's their whole appearence. How they stand and come across. How they treat other people.

9. What is your eye colour?

Haha, funny story. Few years back I went to get a new passport and the lady behind the counter said: "For eye-color: maximum is two colors." I was unsure because my eye color is different to everyone and depending on light. So I asked her to look in my eyes and decide. Now my passport says: blue-grey-green. :D

The truth is my mum has hazel eyes and my dad blue-grey eyes. I have a mix of both. Around my pupils my eyes are light brown, from there they become green then blue and at the outer ring grey. Depending on the light they appear more green or more blue.

10. Scary movie or happy endings?

Happy Ending.

11. Favorite smells?

Fresh cut grass.

12. Summer or winter?

Both. I like all seasons. I love how everything blossoms in spring. In the summer we have the awesome weather, ice cream, pools, BBQs. A golden fall can be so beautiful that it will take your breath away. And in winter I love how everything is muted when the world is covered in snow. When you step outside a littler earlier or later than everyone else it will not only be quiet but even the natural sounds will be damped down. This silence is magical.

13. Computer or television?

Ugh. Tough question for me. I love to watch TV and many years back the answer would have been TV. But since we can watch TV on the computer now I would go with the computer.

14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?

I had to look it up. The furthest was Guatemala. 9680 km.

15. Do you have any special talents?

Nope. But I am good in many things. I don't stand out in anything but there is not much I am really bad in. And I am real quick learner.

16. Where were you born?

East-Germany.

17. What are your hobbies?

Reading. Dancing. Watching movies and TV.

18. Do you have any pets?

No. But I plan on getting 2 Maine Coons soon.

19. Favorite movie?

Haha, no way I can answer that. It depends on the mood.

20. Do you have any siblings?

Yes. An older and a younger brother.

21. What do you want to be when you grow up?

Unfortunately, I am already grown up and I am already working. But I can tell you what I wanted to be as a grown-up when I was a kid: a secretary.

And no, that is not what I became.

Any idea what my first name is? I give you a hint. Famous people's last name who have the same first name: McCarthy, Hart, Rauch