SlowReader

SlowReader's Kingdom

"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”

Jane Smiley

The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Mel has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown - Audiobook Review

The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown

“The Lost Symbol” is the third book in the Robert Langdon series. I had read “Angel and Demons” and “The Da Vinci Code” several years ago and liked them a lot. “The Lost Symbol” is a worthy book of the series but it is getting repetitive.

In this book a friend of Langdon gets kidnapped by a psycho who wants Langdon to solve THE  mystery of the Freemasonry. Otherwise he will kill Langdon’s friend who just happens to be a 33rd degree Mason.

The story itself was alright. I think Brown has a talent to write a good thriller in combination with fascinating symbolism. Unfortunately, his books tend to have the same build-up. Isn’t Langdon wondering by now why he always gets involved in these crimes through a friend, who is killed or kidnapped? Can’t the police for once come to him and say: “Hey, we need your help”? And why does he always have a FEMALE person helping him? How about a guy as his companion? And lastly, even the story itself seemed kind of predictable.

“Angel and Demons” was simply a great book and the appeal of “The Da Vinvi Code” was the references to all the great art paintings and sculptures. But in “The Lost Symbol” we have neither. Instead we get a lengthy discussion about religion and God in the end, which I really don’t want to read about in a thriller.

So, this book was alright but not as good as the first two books.