SlowReader

SlowReader's Kingdom

"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”

Jane Smiley

The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Mel has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

"Top 5 Books I would save in a Fire" - Top 5 Wednesday

A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness, Jim Kay I'll Give You the Sun - Jandy Nelson The Black Stallion - Walter Farley, Keith Ward Die Struwwelliese - Cilly Schmitt-Teichmann Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

Top 5 Wednesday was created by gingerreadslainey. Check out her youtube channel! Basically, every Wednesday there is a chosen topic to which you list your top 5. If you want to join, have a look at the goodreads page!

To be honest, even though I love my books they would not be the first thing on my mind when there was a fire in my home. I would save a lot of other things first: important documents, pictures, my diaries... But let's say I have saved all of that and now I had to choose only five books I could save. This would be my choice:

5. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

Beautiful book. Beautiful drawings. This would certainly go with me.

4. I'll give you the sun by Jandy Nelson

This book impressed me a lot. And since it has been pretty recent that I read this book it would propably cross my mind to grab it in a fire.

3. The Black Stallion by Walter Farley

For some reason the first four books have burned themselves into my brain. I love this series and I have re-read the first four books many times. I would go with the first book even though it is a close call with the forth book.

2. Die Struwwelliese by Cilly Schmitt-Teichmann

My favorite childhood book. I connected so much to the Struwwelliese. I hope one day my children might enjoy this book as much as I did.

1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by Joanne K. Rowling

My all time favorite book. Not only is it my favorite book of the series but I also love all the memories that are connected to this series and therefore to this book. I have mentioned before that I read this book when I was eleven. I grew up with Harry Potter. I AM generation Harry Potter. So of course I would save this book first.

Would books be important to you in a fire?