SlowReader

SlowReader's Kingdom

"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”

Jane Smiley

The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Mel has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

“Top 5 Authors I would like to meet“ – Top 5 Wednesday

Top 5 Wednesday was created by gingerreadslainey. Check out her youtube channel! Basically, every Wednesday there is a chosen topic to which you list your top 5. If you want to join, have a look at the goodreads page!

When I read this week’s topic I knew my number one spot in an instant. But all the others were quite difficult. I must admit I’m kind of intimidated by the idea of talking to an author. I would want to appear intellectual but I’m sure I would be a babbling mess. So some of the authors I chose just give me the feeling that I would be comfortable to talk to them.

5. Laini Taylor

Laini Taylor wrote an amazing book series and she seems so interesting as a person. Someone who wears pink hair just has to have an interesting personality.

4. Marie Lu

Marie Lu has probably become my first auto-by authors. So of course I would want to meet her.

3. Aimee Carter

Aimee Carter is one of my favorite authors and while talking to her I would want to know how she got the crazy ideas for The Blackcoat Rebellion.

2. Sarah J. Maas

I would love to meet Maas. She seems like a nice person but the main reason, I would want to meet her, is to ask what she was thinking while writing Heir of Fire. I love her writing style and I actually like that series but I seriously wanted to strangle her while I was reading Heir of Fire. It would be an interesting conversation. :)

1. Joanne K. Rowling

Meeting Joanne K. Rowling would be a dream come true. Harry Potter is my favorite book series and she had such an impact on my childhood, it’s almost crazy. I grew up with Harry Potter. I read the first book when I was 11 and the last when I was 19. Rowling seems like such a down-to-earth woman and I would be so humbled if I met her.

Who would you want to meet?