SlowReader

SlowReader's Kingdom

"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”

Jane Smiley

The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Mel has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

“Top 5 Most Anticipated Books of 2015” – Top 5 Wednesday

A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J. Maas The Winner's Crime - Marie Rutkoski Winter - Marissa Meyer

Top 5 Wednesday was created by gingerreadslainey. Check out her youtube channel! Basically, every Wednesday there is a chosen topic to which you list your top 5. If you want to join, have a look at the goodreads page!

I admit, I am usually not up-to-date when it comes to book releases. Thankfully there is booktube that reminds me that a book I have been waiting for is finally coming out. So for this Top 5 Wednesday we are talking about the most anticipated books of 2015. There are some books I can’t wait to get my hands on.

5. “A Court of Thorns and Roses” by Sarah J. Maas

Release date: May 5th 2015

I read the “Throne of Glass” series this year and liked it a lot. Unfortunately, in my opinion, the last book has been the weakest yet and therefore I am not as excited about the next installment as I would have been. BUT there is a new series coming out by Sarah J. Maas in May and the summery sounds fantastic. This is already on my TBR.

4. “The Winner’s Crime” by Marie Rutkoski

Release date: March 3rd 2015.

I loved “The Winner’s Curse” and I am really looking forward to the second installment. First reviews have come in and they are all very positive. Even people who didn’t enjoy the first book as much have been giving great reviews for the second book.

3. “Winter” by Marissa Meyer

Release date: November 24th 2015.

I hoped this would come out at the beginning of the year like all the other had. Instead we get “Fairest” first and the anticipated “Winter” is expected to be released in November. I admit I was not happy. Even though “Fairest” is a full book and I plan to read it, it feels like a publisher stunt.  I am still looking forward to “Winter” because I really like this series and “Cress” was just amazing.

2. “Queen” by Aimee Carter

Release date: Sometime 2015.

I can’t wait for the conclusion of this series. Aimee Carter knows exactly how to push my buttons. The series has me on edge the whole time. Absolutely love this series and I can’t wait to find out how it all ends.

1. “The Doors of Stone” by Patrick Rothfuss

Release date: unknown.

So, I don’t actually know if this book is coming out in 2015 or not. I really hope for it but we have been waiting so long for the last book of the Kingkiller’s Chronicles that I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t come out in 2015. I love this series and I can’t wait for the last book but at the same time I have grown frustrated. I have already forgotten so many things that happened in the first two books that it will be difficult to get back into the story. I don’t even recommend this series anymore at least not until the last book has come out. The waiting is getting ridiculous.

There are more fantastic books coming out this years. Mainly second installments of series I started this year. This might become a great reading year. :)

Are you anticipating any of these? What are your most anticipated books?