SlowReader

SlowReader's Kingdom

"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”

Jane Smiley

The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Mel has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award Q&A

Okay, this is looooooong overdue. Back in November (!!!!) I was tagged by It’s a Book World. A big THANK YOU. With my computer problems I just couldn’t get to it sooner, so, finally, here it is:

Rules:

1. Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
  2. Post the award’s logo onto your blog
  3. Answer the 10 questions you’ve been asked
  4. Nominate 10 bloggers
  5. Set 10 new questions for your nominees.

Number 1 and 2: check.

Number 3: Q&A

1. Name a book you recommend to everyone

I had this question before. Unfortunately the answer is the same: I don’t think there is a book I would recommend to everyone. We are all different and therefore our taste just differs.

2. Favorite book that has over 700 pages?

I'll go with "TheName of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuß.

3. Favorite classic?

Uh oh. Classics are not my favorite. “Nathan the Wise” by Ephraim Lessing. That book was bearable.

4. Worst book to movie adaption?

I’m sure there is one that is worse but I can’t think of it right now, so I go with “Breaking Dawn”. I love Kristen Stewart. I think she is a good actress but Breaking Dawn was just bad.

5. Do you watch a movie before you read the book?

Almost never. “Ruby Red” by Kerstin Gier was one of the few books I read after I had watched the movie.

6. What time of the day do you love to read the most: daytime or nighttime (so when it's dark outside)?

Daytime. I actually tend to fall asleep when I read at nighttime. Most of the time when I go to bed I read a little bit but quite often I’m asleep 10-15 minutes later. So daytime it is.

7. What do you think of the New Adult genre?

I’m not sure I have read anything of the New Adult genre. Considering my age I should read adult books but I don’t choose my books based on the age of the main protagonist. If the book sounds interesting I don’t care about the age of the characters involved. (Even though I tend to not read books that center around high school).

8. Favorite author that still lives?

Joanne K. Rowling

9. How big is your Goodreads tbr?

1 book. And I’m actually reading that book right now. Haha.

No, my web browser has a bookmark folder with all the books I want to read. Currently: 32. And that is not counting any continuing series I already started because those are not listed on there.

10. What book are you currenly reading?

“The Iron Trial” by Holly Black.

4. Nominate 10 Bloggers

I don’t know who has done this already. If you have been tagged before, please leave the link below. I would love to read your answers. I will shorten it to 8:

Traveling Through Pages

YA Fanatic

booklife4life

Kate

The Caffeinated Diva reads...

Kate says

Yodamom finds her Force

Heidi Hart

5. 10 new questions

1. What is your favorite book of 2014?

2. Do you have a favorite place to read?

3. What is your favorite childhood book?

4. What is your favorite/least favorite book genre?

5. Do you keep all the books you read or do you give them away at some point?

6. How many books do you own?

7. Is your taste in books the same as it is in movies?

8. Do you sometimes take a sneak ahead to find out what happens next or what happens with a character?

9. Are you happy that there are so many book to movie adaptations at the moment or would you rather have more original screenplays for movies?

10. Have you always enjoyed reading or did you pick up on reading at some point?

Can't wait for your answers!