"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”
Post-Halloween. First weekend in November. Beautiful weather outside. And I was stupid enough to go to Ikea – everyone was there. But now it’s here: this week’s Weekend Tag. The Reader Problem Tag was created by About To Read.
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
Well, I don’t have that many books on my TBR but I do have quite a long list of books I want to read. And usually I just pick the book I want to read the most in that moment.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I quit. If I can’t stand a book, I quit. At times I put a book on hold, when I notice it is not the book but me because I’m not in the mood for the genre or something. But if it is the book, I quit.
3.The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
This year is the first year I’m doing the Goodreads reading challenge. Currently I’m 1-2 books behind schedule. I will see what I will do when December comes.
4. The covers of a series you love DO NOT MATCH. How do you cope?
My Harry Potter series does not match. My Daughter of Smoke and Bone series does not match. My The Kingkiller’s Chronicle does not match. I hate it but I also don’t buy the matching cover just to have it. Rather spend my money on new books.
5. Everyone and their mother love a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Other Goodreads reviewers who did not like it, as well.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
Usually I don’t get that emotional about a book while I am in public. I can’t lose myself in the story as much as I do at home. If I notice a book gets emotional I often wait until I’m home to continue reading.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
I hardly ever reread a book. I would either try finding a synopsis or try reading the sequel like that and hope that I remember what happened in the first book.
8. You do not want anyone, ANYONE to borrow your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I say no. I’m German. Easy-peasy for me.
9. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I wait it out and watch a lot of movies.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I put them on my TBR list. When I have read all my unread books and it’s time to buy new one I decide which one I like to read the most in that moment.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Not too long. :)
How do you handle these situations? Let me know!