SlowReader

SlowReader's Kingdom

"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”

Jane Smiley

The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Mel has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

“The Social Media Book Tag“ – Weekend Tag

Whohooo, I have a long weekend because I had Thursday and Friday off (I went furniture shopping – again). That also means I get some reading done. But let’s talk about this weekend’s tag: The Social Media Book Tag. This tag was created by faultydevices and a little bit changes by Ariel Bissett. I’m going with Ariel Bissett’s version.

Your favorite shortest book

Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

I have mentioned this book so many times by now that I’m not going to talk about the reason why I like it agin. It left an impression on me and I would recommend to anyone. It’s a must-read.

A book everyone pressured you into reading

Vicious by Victoria Schwab

It seemed like everyone loved that book and I really wanted to know why. Unfortunately I did not find it that impressive. I don’t know if it was the hype around this book and my very high expectations or if the book was just not my kind of book.

A book you read before it was cool

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by Joanne K. Rowling

Yep, I’m so hip. I read the first book before it was cool (well, in Great Britain it was kinda known by the time I read it, but that doesn’t count). By the time I read Harry Potter even booksellers hadn’t heard of it.

A book you don't remember whether you liked it or not

The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman

I think I didn’t like the last book of His Dark Materials but honestly, I don’t remember anything of the last book. I remember a lot from the first book and parts of the second but the last one is a complete blank page in my brain.

A book that was so beautiful that you had to instagram it

Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

I haven’t read this book yet even though it has been on my TBR for months now but I really hope this book is as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside.

A book you wish would be turned into a movie

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

I think this series would make amazing movies. Peking as the location, all the sci-fi elements, and not to forget the great storyline would sum up to an entertaining movie.

A book you recommend to everyone

I have not read a book yet that I would recommend to everyone. The first difference would be between children and adults. And then it would depend on what they like. Harry Potter, for example, might be an amazing book but I know many people who just don’t like unrealistic books and would not enjoy this series. Or Living Dead Girl, for example, is a must-read in my opinion but I would never recommend it to someone too young.

Have you read any of these? Have you done this tag? I would love to know your answers. Enjoy your weekend!