SlowReader

SlowReader's Kingdom

"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”

Jane Smiley

The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Mel has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

Reader Confessions Tag – Weekend Tag

It is already weekend again! Time flies! This Weekend’s tag is called the Reader Confessions Tag by BookishCinders.

1. Have you ever damaged your own book?

Probably. I can’t name one specific book but I’m sure I accidentally have damaged a book or two.

2. Have you ever damaged a BORROWED book?

No! I’m super careful with borrowed books and never carry them in my bags. I don’t eat or drink near borrowed books. So no, I have never damaged a borrowed book. But I had books damaged by people I borrowed my books to. Ugh.

3. How long does it take you to read a book?

A looooooong time (hence my name). No, seriously. I can read a book in a day. Usually those books are short and easy reads (i.e. The Selection series, books by Susan Elizabeth Philips). But most books I read are on the longer side. And with work and everything going on in life I take a lot longer. It depends but at the moment I’m so busy that I don’t manage to read more than 50 pages a day.

4. Books that you haven't finished?

A few. Let me think. Priestess of the White by Trudi Canavan. Currently Das Licht hinter den Wolken by Oliver Plaschka but I plan to finish it. It’s on hold at the moment. There are more but not too many. I’m careful when I pick my books.

5. Hyped/Popular books you don't like?

It’s not that I didn’t like the book but I found it over-hyped: Vicious by Victoria Schwab. I also don’t think that the Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare is that amazing. The same goes for the Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.

6. Classics you didn't enjoy?

Ohhhhhh. That list is way too long. Worst book of all (not really a Classic): Im Krebsgang by Nobel Prize winner Günther Grass. His writing style just bores me to death. Another bad one but a real classic: Michael Kohlhaas by Heinrich von Kleist.

7. Books you bought just for the intellectual-ness of it all?

None? I read for fun. I don’t care about intellectual-ness.

8. Any books you haven't given back?

Again. None. But I do miss some of my books. Like the second Twilight book. Unfortunately my friend apparently lost it and doesn’t admit it. The same way she forgot another book of mine in Amsterdam and never told me. When I asked her years later she admitted that she left it there but didn’t even replace it. Let’s just say I lost something as well: respect for her.

Do you guys like Classics? Have you damaged books you own? Do you have any plans for the weekend? Let me know!