SlowReader

SlowReader's Kingdom

"Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”

Jane Smiley

The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Mel has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

Favorites-September

Okay, so I stole this idea from abooktoremember because I think it’s a great way to reflect each month. And to be honest, my reading month was baaaaad. I finished only 2 books which is a really low count even for me. I finished A Kiss of Deception and Crown of Midnight. Both books I enjoyed very much. Currently I am reading Heir of Fire and I fear that October will not be much better when it comes to reading. I just have no time for reading at the moment. And at night I’m so exhausted that I fall asleep while reading.

So instead of a wrap-up I’m going to do my September favorites.

Books

A Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

I loved this book and can’t wait for the sequel. See my review.

Music

Geronimo by Sheppard

This song is my current favorite. It lifts my mood like no other. I can be in my car half asleep at 6 am on my way to work and this song comes on the radio and I just wake up and start singing and dancing along in my car. From the very first time I heard this song I was crazy about it. Doesn’t happen very often with me.

TV show

Perception

You know it’s summer break and not many shows are on air but I stumbled over Perception the other day (way late I know) and it got me hooked. I’m only half way through the first season but I’m enjoying it immensely.

Movie

The Grand Seduction

Who would have guessed? From time to time you stumble over these little unknown movies and you hit a jackpot. The Grand Seduction is not a big Hollywood blockbuster and certainly not action packed or anything. But it is a great story, has lots of humor, and plays in the Newfoundland area. I’ve been in Newfoundland last year and it is such a beautiful place! The nostalgia I felt while watching this movie! I can absolutely recommend this movie.

What did you enjoy last September? Have you seen or heard any of this?